Wednesday, January 16, 2013

WMS: Math Update and Influenza PSA

Dear Families,

Math
I just wanted to remind you that students have some opportunities to retake their percents quiz this week. They need to revise what they did before on their original quiz, and bring that to one of the retake sessions. A complete revision of their work is the ticket to retake the quiz. Here's a mini calendar for the rest of this week. There is a more comprehensive class calendar at my website (http://www.mrmacnevin.com). 
  • Thursday:
    Percent Quiz Retake @ Lunch Time
  • Friday:
    Multiplying Decimals Quiz in class
    Percent Quiz Retake @ Lunch Time
Influenza
I've heard a lot on the news over the last week about the flu hitting our area. News clips are always very scary and often offer little information besides telling us to wash our hands and to be vaccinated. The Khan Academy has posted a series of video mini-lectures that explain more about the flu. Those videos are available here: [link]. I am going to see if there are parts of it that my students might benefit from in class. But I figure more information is always better than less about it.

I hope you have a great Wednesday afternoon and evening!

Sincerely,

Brian MacNevin

No comments:

Post a Comment