Monday, February 4, 2013

WMS: Math quiz on Wednesday

Dear families,

We have a quiz coming up on Wednesday for these learning targets:
LT 3: I can find the area and perimeter of any triangle and I can use this to solve problems.
LT 4: I can find the area and perimeter of any parallelogram and I can use this to solve problems.

Today students are bringing home some practice problems and I have scanned in an answer key for them to use at home.

Practice Problems for Triangles: [link]
Practice Problems for Parallelograms: [link]
Answers for both: [link]

Side 1 of each represents a beginning level 3 (still at standard, but lacking any problem solving to it). The back questions represent a more solid 3 to level 4. 

I reminded my students that they don't have to work more than 45 minutes on these tonight. Of course, if they are enjoying the challenge, they are welcome to work longer. But I don't want anyone losing sleep over it. We will have more time to practice tomorrow in class and tomorrow night with homework.

Thanks!

Brian MacNevin

No comments:

Post a Comment